The new standard for reliable detection with an extended sensing range can’t be measured with a conventional yard stick. With sensing ranges from 5 cm to 3.8 m, no object goes undetected by the PowerProx MultiTask photoelectric sensor.
For the first time, the PowerProx MultiTask photoelectric sensor offers all the advantages of time-of-flight technology in the world's smallest housing – and at a high detection speed. PowerProx reliably detects fast-moving objects, small and flat objects, and dark black or shiny objects at sensing ranges between 5 cm and 3.8 m. For even more flexibility, up to eight switching points can be defined via IO-Link. The four variants – “Distance”, “Speed”, “Precision”, and “Small” – are designed for use in a range of applications. As a result, PowerProx isn't just the best solution, it also offers the right solution for your requirements: from occupied bay and clearance detection, rapid counting, and precise edge detection to use in handling and assembly applications.
At a glance;
- Time-of-flight technology
- Laser class 1
- Sensing range for object detection: 5 cm to 3.8 m
- Switching frequencies up to 1,000 Hz
- Smallest minimum distance between the object and background: 15 mm
- VISTAL™ housing
- 1 or 2 switching points which can be adjusted independently
- IO-Link available as an option (distance value, 8 switching points, smart sensor functions)
- Reliable object detection over large sensing ranges, e.g., even with shiny or jet-black surfaces and background reflections
- Highly visible light spot simplifies alignment of the photoelectric proximity sensor
- Precise and simple adjustment with potentiometer or teach-in button
- Eye-safe thanks to laser class 1
- Extremely reliable and durable. Rugged even under high mechanical loads thanks to VISTAL™ housing.
- Smallest housing of its kind worldwide offers great flexibility in terms of machine design
- IO-Link extends functionality